Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Money isn't everything

When I think about all of the money that I have made since I started working and all the money I have used to buy things that I thought would make me happy it saddens me. Money is important, yes I know, but money cannot be the only thing you hold close to your heart. When you die, you would want to leave behind memories that you have made with loved one's, where does the money go? To the banks, government, organizations, maybe distant family members that you never even saw often. It is important to remember the important things in life. Cherish those you love and those who love you. Feel blessed when you are not too ill to work, walk, or breathe. It is the little things in life that brings moments of happiness.

Yea, you can buy a new car, new home, but if you have no one to share it with, what is worth then? Is it enough to be envied by others, who would stab you in the back? Is the worth it to be talked about only for the things you have, and not the things you have done, or the way you have touched lives? Work hard, but do not give your soul to money. It has become a necessity, but only because we have given it importance. "We were so happy poor, but when we got rich, signals got crossed" (Jay-Z). Love deeply, make happy memories, and allow yourself time to just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment