Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lost--Poem by Djenepha Polynice

LOST



I am lost without you,
I am lost with you.
I lost myself with thoughts of us,
But you were lost in other lusts.
I gave you all I had and more,
But you chose to lie instead.
I thought our paths were clearly lit,
But it seems darkness persists.
I have forgiven, but I cannot forget,
The hurt you put in my heart and head.
I tried to lose the thoughts,
Instead you continue to lie and I lose faith.
Close is how I thought we were,
More like closed to what we fear.
You never let me in to share your heart and tears.
Is it because you never really loved me?
Is it because you no longer want me?
I do not like the way I feel,
And it’s because you disrespected;
Our relationship with your flirtations, and getting
numbers from perspectives.
Don’t you know that I’m the best?
You will find out when you fuck with the rest?
I thought I was lost, but now I see;
It’s you who’s lost, because you’ve lost me.

No comments:

Post a Comment